- Once you’ve signed up for an AirWatch account and successfully logged in, begin setting up your AirWatch account with MDM by navigating to the Groups & Settings icon > All Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > APNs for MDM.
- From here you can click the “Instructions” button to follow AirWatch’s guide for MDM setup. This guide should include the following processes:
- Downloading a Certificate Signing Request file from AirWatch
- Accessing the Apple Push Certificates Portal with your Apple ID
- Uploading the CSR file to the Apple Push Certificates Portal
- Downloading a unique APN Certificate from Apple
- Adding the APN Certificate from Apple to your AirWatch account
For more details on acquiring an APN Certificate from Apple, follow the steps below:
- Access the Apple “Push Certificates Portal” here: Push Certificates Portal and use your Apple ID to log in. It is recommended to use an Apple ID unique to your company/organization, and not your personal Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can create one here: create Apple ID
- On the next page, upload the Certificate Signing Request file you downloaded from the AirWatch portal by clicking the white “Choose File” button and finding the file on your device. The file will most likely be in your device’s “Downloads” folder or wherever your default download location is set to (e.g: Desktop, Documents, etc.). You can also add a reminder note in the “Notes” field for future reference. Once you’ve selected your Certificate Signing Request file and added a note, click the blue “Upload” button to send your file to Apple and generate your unique Certificate.
- Next, you should see a page that includes a green check mark and “Confirmation”. On this page, select the blue “Download” button to download your unique Certificate. Once the Certificate is downloaded you’ll be done in the Apple Push Certificates Portal.
- The final step will be to upload your unique Certificate acquired from Apple to your AirWatch account. This file should end in ".pem".
For additional information on setting up your AirWatch account, please contact your VMware AirWatch account manager or access their online documentation here: AirWatch Support