Important: Setup must be done on a Mac or PC using Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. iPhones and other iOS devices are not capable of completing the initial setup process.
- Once you've signed up for a Jamf Now account (which you can do here: Jamf Now sign up), you should have received an email to confirm your account. Follow the link in the email to begin the setup process.
- Once you’ve confirmed your account, proceed to login.jamfcloud.com and log in with your email and password.
- Upon logging in you will be guided through a series of setup steps to connect your Apple devices to your Jamf Now account. The first step in this process is generating a certificate from Apple that's unique to your account and uploading it to Jamf Now.
- Begin by clicking the grey “Certificate Signing Request” button on the "Step 1 of 3" page in your Jamf Now account. This file will inform Apple about what kind of certificate you’re asking for. Once the file has finished downloading, click the green “Go to Step 2” button to continue.
- This step will route you to the Apple Push Certificates Portal to generate your unique certificate. Click the grey “Go to the Apple Push Certificates Portal” button to open the portal. Once you’re at the Apple Push Certificates Portal, you will need to log in with your Apple ID. It is recommended to use an Apple ID unique to your company/organization, and not your personal Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can create one here: create Apple ID
- On the next page, upload the Certificate Signing Request file you downloaded from the Jamf Now portal by clicking the white “Choose File” button and finding the file on your device. The file will most likely be in your device’s “Downloads” folder or wherever your default download location is set to (e.g: Desktop, Documents, etc.). You can also add a reminder note in the “Notes” field for future reference. Once you’ve selected your Certificate Signing Request file and added a note, click the blue “Upload” button to send your file to Apple and generate your unique Certificate.
- Next, you should see a page that includes a green check mark and “Confirmation”. On this page, select the blue “Download” button to download your unique Certificate. Once the Certificate is downloaded you’ll be done in the Apple Push Certificates Portal.
- Now navigate back to your Jamf Now account and click the green “Go to Step 3” button to continue. On this page, click the grey “Upload Push Certificate” button and select the unique Certificate you just downloaded from Apple. The file should end in “.pem”. Once your unique Certificate has been uploaded, click the green “Start Using Jamf Now” button.
- That's it! You can now begin using your Jamf Now account.
You can also follow along with this helpful video from Jamf: Jamf Now setup tutorial