- Once you’ve signed up for your MobileIron account and successfully logged in, begin setting up your account with MDM by navigating to the MDM Certificate page in the administrative console.
- Here you will download a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) document that is needed to connect your MobileIron Cloud tenant to Apple.
- Next, you will need to access Apple’s “Push Certificates Portal” which can be found here: Apple Push Certificates. Once there, use your Apple ID to log in. It is recommended to use an Apple ID unique to your company/organization, and not your personal Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can create one here: create Apple ID.
- On the next page, upload the CSR file you downloaded from the MobileIron Cloud tenant by clicking the white “Choose File” button and finding the file on your device. The file will most likely be in your device’s “Downloads” folder or wherever your default download location is set to (e.g: Desktop, Documents, etc.). You can also add a reminder note in the “Notes” field for future reference. Once you’ve selected your CSR file and added a note, click the blue “Upload” button to send your file to Apple and generate your unique Certificate.
- Next, you should see a page that includes a green check mark and “Confirmation”. On this page, select the blue “Download” button to download your unique Certificate. Once the Certificate is downloaded you’ll be done in the Apple Push Certificates Portal.
- Now navigate back to the MobileIron Cloud tenant and upload your unique Certificate from Apple. The certificate file should end in “.pem”.
- That’s it! You have added MDM capabilities to your MobileIron account.
For more information on MobileIron’s setup process, please find their documentation here: MobileIron Support