Overview: Spex enables Companies to build workflows for each project where an individual is assigned a task, completes that task and hands the project to another individual. Throughout this process it’s important to be able to assign or reassign a project from one person to another. Spex allows for two types of assignment or reassignment: Single Projects or Bulk Project Assignment/Reassignment.
Assigning or Reassigning a Single Project through Tasks
- Click on the “Projects” button in the upper righthand corner.
- Search or scroll to the correct project and click on the name.
- If the Project was marked as “complete” you can click on the “New Task” button to the right of the “Last Task”. Alternatively, if the task is still open, you can click the “Pencil” button to the right of “Current Task”. Both will open the “Edit Task” dialogue.
- Fill out or Update the “Edit Task” dialogue.
a) Choose the correct “Assign To” individual
b) Choose the correct “Task”
c) Choose the “Due” date
d) Choose who to “Notify when task is completed” (once this new task is completed, this individual will be prompted to start the next task in the workflow).
- Click “Save”
Bulk Assign or Reassign Projects
- Click on the “Projects” button in the upper righthand corner
- Scroll down to the projects that you would like bulk assign (Pro-Tip: Use the filter tools at the top of the Projects Page, sort the column headers to more quickly zero-in on a set of Projects or use the check box tool to the right of the column headers to select specific projects - e.g. Filter “Status” by “Unassigned” to find new projects brought in through the Spex Import tool).
- Select the projects you would like to assign or resign by checking the check-box of each project on the lefthand side. If you have filtered your projects and would like to “select all” you can do so by choosing the checkbox in the upper lefthand corner to the left of the column headers.
- Click the “Bulk Edit” button in the lower lefthand corner of the page
- Fill out the Bulk Edit Dialogue
a) Assign to Team - for use with Companies that have a team of people in charge of a particular task (e.g. estimation)
b) Assign to User - to assign this group of projects to a particular user (note: you can assign to both a team and a user)
c) Task - to set or update the current task
d) Due - to set a due date for this task
e) Report Profile - to set the correct Report Profile for the customer/partner/carrier - for more on Report Profiles, click here.
- Click “Save” - all selected projects will now be reassigned to the new individual and they will receive emails notifying them as such.